Hello everyone! I’m back with an interview after a really long time but I promise the author in question will make up for it all. Today we are in conversation with Neha Bindal, the debut author of Table for One from Half Baked Beans publishing. We put together some kooky and some serious questions for her to answer. Read on to know more!!
First of all congratulations on your book and such a great response. Let me start off by asking you the most obvious question first:
1. Why Table for One? How did you come up with this quirky name?
I thought through a lot of names but nothing really was making me feel wow about it. So one day I texted my publisher Chetan Soni that lets decide the name right now. It was around 1 pm and we started throwing names to each other and then suddenly table for one came out and we were like, Yes, this is it
2. How much of Taara is Neha and how much of Neha is Taara?
I think Taara is a combination of how I am and also how I’d like to be. Taara and I both are fighters, always seeking something but I lack the guts like her to leave everything behind and start a journey out of the blue. Taking chances in life and going with the flow.
3. The one single moment when you decided that you wanted to forgo your fears and write a book?
Yes it was the time when I quit my job and was figuring out what I wanted to do with my life. It wasn’t one single moment but many small moments which drove me towards writing a book.
4. What is your favourite comfort food?
5. The one really crazy thing on your bucket list?
I want to stay in Europe for six months and see all of it.
6. How was your experience of working with Half Baked Beans?
It has been a great learning experience. I knew very little about how the publishing process worked and now I feel like I am much more informed.
7. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
Small wonder and Hum Paanch
8. One pet peeve that really drives you up the wall.
When someone keeps talking even when you show strong visible signs of your disinterest.
9. Your latest crush, bookish or silver screen?
One and only one; Gerard Butler.
10. Why should anyone pick up your book?
First of all its a fun book with a lot of pace; can be completed in one stretch. It will be very easy to associate with the book.
11. What does feminism mean according to you?
Giving equal rights and opportunities to everyone irrespective of cast creed and color and using all this responsibly.
12. Is romantic fiction the only genre you wish to write about or would you try your skills in another genre?
I think I understand relationships and human emotions well; romance being one of them so yes I’d like to continue with relatable fiction.
13. One must read book that you recommend to everyone.
White Oleander by Janet Fitch. Its a story of a girl living in many foster homes.
14. One book you wish you hadn’t read.
One night @call center
15. Are you a tea or a coffee person?
Laughter with tears
17. A song that resonates with you
Goonja sa hai koi ek tara ek tara from Wakeupsid
18. Your auto buy authors
Paulo Coelho, Robin Sharma, Jumpa Lahiri, Chitra Banerjee
19. Any works in progress?
Concepts in head
20. Your advice to aspiring authors?
Enjoy the process of writing and give yourself a schedule to finish a book. Writer’s block is just a trick that your mind is playing with you to drive laziness.
Well! That’s all from us folks! You can buy Table for One from Amazon and also find Neha Bindal on Instagram and Facebook to know more about her!