It’s been a long haitus and I blame bookstagram for that! Nonetheless, I’m back and I have a great news to share as well.
Do you know the feeling when you see people posting pictures of their group reading together and having fun? And you wish that somewhere, someone would start a BookClub that you could be a part of too? Well, I waited for AGES but no such opportunity arrived. One day while stalking Bookstagram, I realised that I shouldn’t have to wait anymore. Maybe, just maybe there are people here who, also like me, are waiting for a BookClub to knock on their doors and send them invites. Now, moderating a club is no piece of cake. I knew I had to have someone who would stand for me incase I wasn’t able to be there and it had to be someone who shared my passion and also had the convenience of being from the same country, to make things easier and communication a lot more smoother since no time zone hassles were to be involved.
I contacted my friend, Reethu Ravi, who readily agreed to be my partner in crime. From then on, it was all smooth sailing! She got an official invite made for our page, I started sending out unofficial invites and seeing how many people were up for it and then finally created the official Instagram page for our little project: The Lit Lodge!
The response, THE RESPONSE PEOPLE! It was so overwhelming that I couldn’t believe it when the page had 50 followers in just 3 days! The introductory chat was so much fun that I went to sleep with a chesire cat grin!
We sent out our first emails yesterday, outlining the details of the working of the Club. If incase, you missed it, I will post them down below and you can later DM me or leave your ID in the comments below to receive emails from us hereon! You can also drip an email with your queries on the.lit.lodge@Gmail.com ! Come say hi on Instagram and Facebook by looking up The Lit Lodge! We would love to hear from you!
1. A theme will be chosen by the Moderators and conveyed to the members beforehand so that they know what genre to expect next.
2. 5 books will be shortlisted by us and put up for a poll on 13th or 14th of the month and the results will be announced on the 15th.
3. The official reading shall be marked from the 20th of the month to the next 20th to ensure everyone has ample time to finish the book.
4. It’s NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL to have a physical copy of the same. Ebooks and PDFs will work just fine.
5. A discussion list, enlisting questions and points of debate will be emailed to you a week after the book has been selected. You can create your own tags/questions/topics to discuss as well and leave suggestions VIA DM to The Lit Lodge.
5. 2 reminders will be sent out to the members, once with the discussion list and one a couple of days before the actual discussion is to be held with the revised discussion sheet to remind you of the date and time of the meeting.
6. If incase you are late, unable to read the book or due to some issue have to leave the group, leave an email or a DM so that we don’t disturb you with reminders and emails.
7. New members will be added ONLY until the 30th of the Month. Anyone who wishes to join after that will have to make sure they finish with the group so that they rhythm of the club isn’t disturbed.
8. Bad or foul language will not be tolerated. It’s a fun group. Let’s keep it so!
9. The Discussion and detailed information will also be uploaded on the Moderators’ blogs. If you have your own blogs, we would welcome you to follow us and each other, blogging your own experience of the book separately.
10. www.bookchor.com is a second hand trusted online bookstore that we will recommend it to anyone who doesn’t wish to splurge so much every month on a book that they may not end up liking. If you have any other such online thrift stores, let us know so that the other members can also benefit from the same.
11. We are bibliophiles with limited resources since our members range from school going teenagers to homemakers. Share discount codes or sale announcements that you come across so that everyone can take advantage of them.
12. We know comfort is precious but it’s also conforming. Let’s expand our reading horizon by discovering different genres and reading books that you wouldn’t usually pick up. After all, we are all here to learn and share.
13. If you click pictures of the book selected on your own Bookstagram page, tag us and use the hashtag #TheLitLodge to get featured. We will pick a few selected pictures to feature on our main page!
14. The Moderators, tinkerbell.reads and _the.logophile_ will always be available to answer any questions, queries or doubts you might have. If your DM on the main page doesn’t get answered within 24 HOURS, feel free to leave a DM on their personal page or drop an email here!
15. Lastly, the final discussion will be held on the Saturday following the 20th of the month at 6:30 P. M. IST on a WhatsApp chat and members must be willing to give up their phone numbers for the same.
That’s all really! Drop me a message on my Insta or on The Lit Lodge to be a member of our little Club!
Have fun and keep reading!