Apologies 😓for missing out yesterday and posting SO late today. With festivities around the corner and so much to do, I often end up too exhausted to type anything!
Has there ever been a time when a particular thing was so hyped and talked about that despite your stone set resolution of not falling for it, you give up, shamefully following the herd? And what’s worse is that you end up liking it? Yeah well, happens to the best of us and I am no different. Be it books or movies, I have had my share of Better-not-but-can’t-resist-anymore moments.😨😓
1. Jackie Collins Books : Now be for you gasp and splutter😱😱, outraged at my choice, please keep in mind I am a 26 year old woman. (Not that I didn’t read them before that, ofcourse I did! But 26 sounds like a good warrant of judgement.) Whenever I am in the mood of reading something fun, easy and not too crazy, I #GetMyJackieCollinsOn. Yes, yes, I know, I know. I did say guilty pleasure right? Getting back to J. C., I love her fast paced novels, intriguing and glamourus at the same time. The characters are so well written that you have to be engrossed in the plot, like it or not! I made sure I read all her books in the week following her demise.; my admiration is true you know. 😭😭😭
2. The Twilight Dilemma : *Sigh* 🙈🙈🙈Yes, you guessed it. I have committed the ultimate crime of reading the Twilight Saga AND liking it (To an extent). While I did like the first book, which appealed to my teenage brain then, my logical side wisened up after the second book, New Moon. After then, it got hazy and lengthy and crazy and lengthy and gory and lengthy AND LENGTHY!💤💤💤 The first issue still remains a book I enjoy but the other parts were quite meh!😐
3. Comics galore! : I am an ardent comic book fan. In my collection you will find Archies, Chacha Chaudhary, Lotpot and other comics, and they remain a favourite over anything else when I am feeling down in the dumps. Old characters bring back the nostalgia fever : Reading in bed with my Grandad 👴 (Who was unfortunately paralysed), hiding on the terrace with a comic and chips,🍟🍟 stowing them in a little nook to hide from others, clutching the familiar books as I travelled🚌🚌with my family to an unknown place or even coming back with some to a place distantly familiar. Apart from its great teaching technique benefits, they are my quick favourites to gift, read and collect.
4. Reading and Eating : Now, why would this be a guilty pleasure? Everyone reads, everyone eats. What’s so different? Well I read WHILE eating. 😱😛😓I never eat without a comic in my hand. You might think I am crazy and a rebel to the ultimate bibliophile coda of not getting the books dirty or soiled, but I take really good care of not spilling anything on them, I swear!😓
5. A fuller shopping cart : No, not THAT type of cart. I am talking about the online carts in Flipkart, Amazon and Bookchor. If you ever get a peek at my account, you would never find an empty cart. It will be full if books: those on sale but I couldn’t buy, those that I want but can’t brave the act of pushing the checkout button, books termed short in stock that I am afraid would sell out and so on and I absolutely love it! Despite the constant reminders and emails of them sitting in my cart, urging a purchase, I let them be, until finally I either find better deals or the books really do get out of stock!🙈
6. Young Adult novels/Fairy Tales : A wise man once said, no one is really mature until they can read childrens books with a better love and understanding. It stands true for me. After being tired of seeing adults mess up, get kidnapped, kill, die, suck blood, come back undead, I literally had to give up reading anything from the Adult section. That’s when I started leaning towards things that would take me far far away from such things. This is when I re-discovered my love for Terry Deary, Meg Cabot, Hans Anderson😇, arabian nights🌟🌟, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Frank Baum ✴💫and others. Honestly, if you ever want to be reinvigorated and reinvent your book mania after feeling tired of the same old plots, read a fairy tale or a children’s book, and I guarantee, life will have a new meaning!💓💖
Hey! That’s the end of all my guilty pleasures!
Till next time!💞💝